Qualifying is in the book to set the 36 car field for Sunday’s Ambetter Health 400 (3 p.m. ET, FOX, PRN). With that said, who are the ones to watch in the 5th race of the 2023 NASCAR Cup Series season.
Ford took the top 8 starting spots but Chevrolet not only swept both races here last season, but have won 5 of the 6 drafting track races in this Next Gen era.
The Toyota’s have won just twice in the Peachtree state and have failed to reach victory lane there since 2014. They’re 2-for-the-last-17 in Talladega and 1 for the last 8 at Daytona and start 10-14-16-19-29-35.
Top 5 Prediction
- 24 Byron – He won from Row 6 (12th) last year and starting 11th this time around. He’s also won each of the last two weeks and out to make a statement to NASCAR in wake of their penalties.
- 12 Blaney – Starts 3rd and has 4 top 5 finishes in his last 5 Atlanta starts.
- 6 Keselowski – Was great in Daytona and has 7 top 10 finishes in his last 10 Atlanta starts.
- 1 Chastain – Runner-up in both races a year ago…
- 48 Bowman – Starts 15th but has a top 10 finish in all 4 races run this season and has 3 top 10’s in his last 4 Atlanta starts including a pair of top 5’s in 2021.