BRISTOL, Tenn — Practice and qualifying is done to set up Saturday night’s Bass Pro Shops Night Race (7:30 p.m. ET, USA, PRN) at the Bristol (Tenn) Motor Speedway. So who ends up on top when 500 laps of racing in Thunder Valley are all said and done?
- Starting spot is key when you’re starting on the pole (3 winners in last 7).
- Last 4 Bristol concrete winners have started in the top 5, 6 of the last 7 from the top 10.
- Chevy won last year for just their 3rd win in the last 16 races at Bristol.
- 4 Harvick – His back is against the wall. It was that way entering the month of August and he’d go out and win the first two races last month. Here he is again. Harvick has 2 straight top 2 finishes here…He has 4 top 6 finishes on short tracks this season including a Richmond win.
- 20 Bell – He seems to be hitting all the right notes now. 1 of 2 drivers with a top 5 finish in both playoff races thus far as well as having 2 top 2 finishes in 3 Xfinity Series starts here. Bell also has 6 top 8 finishes, 5 of which in the top 5, in the last 9 races on the season.
- 12 Blaney – He’s led 100 or more laps in 3 of his last 7 Bristol starts and has finished 4th in 3 other short track races this season. His finish here last year? 4th….His last top 5 at Bristol prior to that? He finished 4th (2019)….
- 18 KyBusch – 6 top 4 finishes in his last 8 starts at Bristol starts.
- 48 Bowman – Was 5th last year, led the most laps last weekend and starting to trend back upwards again.