NBC Sports and INDYCAR have announced the full 2021 NTT INDYCAR SERIES telecast schedule, featuring a record nine races on broadcast network NBC, including the 105th Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge on Sunday, May 30 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Six of the first eight races of the season will air on NBC, including the season-opening Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama presented by AmFirst on Sunday, April 18 at Barber Motorsports Park.
The 17-race season, which will be exclusively presented across NBC Sports, also features the inaugural Music City Grand Prix in Nashville, Tennessee, on Sunday, Aug. 8 on NBCSN.
Highlights of NBC Sports’ 2021 INDYCAR schedule include (all times Eastern):
- The 105th Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge on Sunday, May 30, with coverage on NBC beginning at 11 a.m. (ET).
- The 2021 season gets underway on network television with the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama presented by AmFirst from Barber Motorsports Park at 3 p.m. Sunday, April 18 on NBC.
- Six of the first eight races of the season will air on NBC, including the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg (Sunday, April 25), the GMR Grand Prix on the IMS road course (Saturday, May 15) and the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix presented by Lear doubleheader (Saturday and Sunday, June 12-13).
- The inaugural Music City Grand Prix in Nashville, Tennessee, at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 8 on NBCSN.
- The return of the INDYCAR-NASCAR doubleheader at the IMS road course, headlining a revamped Brickyard Weekend on Aug. 14-15 with the NTT INDYCAR SERIES race at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 14 on NBCSN.
- The record nine NTT INDYCAR SERIES races on NBC also include the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio on Sunday, July 4 and the season-ending West Coast swing of the Grand Prix of Portland on Sunday, Sept. 12 and the Firestone Grand Prix of Monterey at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca on Sunday, Sept. 19.
- The season concludes with one of INDYCAR’s longest-running events, the Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach at 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 26 on NBCSN.