The Speedway Chamber of Commerce and 15 participating businesses will rev up fans and local residents for the INDYCAR Harvest GP presented by GMR race weekend Oct. 2-4 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway through a variety of pumpkin-themed items and contests.
Fans and consumers can race into 15 businesses around Speedway, Indiana, to purchase pumpkin-themed items that celebrate the inaugural INDYCAR Harvest GP presented by GMR for the NTT INDYCAR SERIES and the Indianapolis 8 Hour sports car race on the IMS road course.
Participating businesses and their offerings Oct. 2-4:
- 1911 Grill – Pumpkin shot and dessert
- B. Erin Designs – Fall and pumpkin decor
- Barbecue and Bourbon on Main – Pumpkin cheesecake
- Big Woods – Put a Fork in It beer, Imperial Put a Fork in It beer, Rum Barrel-aged Put a Fork in It beer, Bourbon Barrel-aged Put a Fork in It beer, Brown County Pumpkin Patch harvest season inspired cocktail and pumpkin pie
- City Dogs Grocery – Pumpkin/fall bakery treats, pumpkin spice latte stuffed toys and frozen yogurt (pumpkin/apple)
- Dawson’s on Main – Pumpkin pie martini and pumpkin cheesecake
- Famous Soda and Candy Company – Pumpkin soda
- Famous Tomato – Pumpkins
- Foyt Wine Vault – Draft Pumpkin Ale from Bier Brewery
- Fundae’s Ice Cream & Sweets – Pumpkin shakes and pumpkin ice cream. A donation will be made to Best Buddies for each pumpkin shake purchased.
- McGilvery’s Pub & Eatery – Pumpkin pie shot
- O’Reilly’s Irish Pub & Restaurant – Pumpkin Pie Mule and Night Owl Pumpkin Ale
- Tacos and Tequila on Main – Pumpkin margaritas
- Three Sisters and a Trunk – Fall- and Halloween-themed women’s shirts
- Voom Room – Pumpkin facials
The public also can vote for their favorite pumpkin-themed item the Speedway Chamber’s Facebook page (@speedwaychamber) from Sept. 30 to Oct. 2. A photo album of items will be posted at 8 a.m. (ET) Wednesday, Sept. 30, and the photo with the most likes at 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 2 will be the winner, with that business receiving two tickets to the INDYCAR Harvest GP.
A pumpkin decorating contest will award one winner with two tickets to the INDYCAR Harvest GP. Designs can be one-of-a-kind or incorporate the Harvest GP logo template available for download here. Contestants can enter by sharing a public photo on Facebook using the hashtag #IMSPumpkins and tagging Speedway Chamber by 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 1.
Fans planning to watch the race at home also are encouraged to take advantage of carryout from Speedway restaurants and tag any race-themed photos with the hashtag #SupportSpeedway.